Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Last Gallon




















Today I woke up and headed to the kitchen for some breakfast before church. I'm not a huge fan of cereal, particularly because in my family, the good and sugary ones (lucky charms, cocoa puffs) are usually inhaled by the younger ones before you have time to get out a bowl and spoon. True to form, today's box of Apple Jacks was no more than a disappointing spread of crumbs with the occasional cereal fragment. Turns out that didn't really matter...when I opened up the fridge I came upon a gallon of milk covered with the ominous, black-sharpied message: "The Last Gallon!" I shuddered in horror. One gallon of milk. To get through the entire day.

My mom usually buys about 6 gallons of milk when she goes to the store. Do you know what it means when you only have one gallon of milk for the whole family? Bowls of cereal only half-full of milk and therefore an unpleasant mixture of soggy and bone-dry cheerios. That is not good.

2 comments:

Celeste Elaine said...

Who wrote the Sharpie message? Sounds like someone is just trying to hog it all for himself... or herself. Trina?

I love this blog, Goose! I can't wait to hear more about the family!

Melinda said...

Michelle wrote it. She's so kind to keep us informed on our rations.

Can't wait till you're home!