Friday, July 4, 2008

Trina Story

Trina: I'm bored! There's just nothing I like to do but play on the computer.

Melinda: How about you go play outside?

Trina: No, it rained last night, and I would slip and fall.

Melinda: Why don't you call up a friend to play with you?

Trina: (evasively) No, they're all busy for the next three weeks.

Melinda: Well, why don't you read a book.

Trina: (Really frustrated by this point) No, because you just can't learn anything from them and plus, it's NON-FICTION.

Oh, the woes of a seven-year-old in the summertime.

5 comments:

Marie W said...

I'm impressed she knew the term "non-fiction."

So glad you have joined us in the blogosphere, Melinda. A hearty welcome! You will have to train someone during your remaining weeks at home so that the posts will not wane with your departure.

Celeste Elaine said...

I agree with Marie. Getting Heather into this will bear great fruit, I am sure. Mom and Dad always write great emails, as well, so it would be neat to see their perspective on everything from family chores to upcoming elections.

Cummings Family, here we go!

See you in ten days, by the way!

Aaron said...

Katy and I had the exact same conversation with Trina the next morning. She didn't like our suggestions of how to deal with her boredom. Katy thought that it was more that she was determined to be bored.

Just Katy said...

I told her she had a bad case of Ennui which could be fatal and the best remedy was probably absinthe or starting a war with Russia. She said she preferred to stay bored.

Melinda said...

I read your diagnosis, Katy. I'll be sure to suggest that next time.