Sunday, March 29, 2009

Summer Series


One of the things I've always disliked about school is how little time it leaves me to read for fun! As such, I use my summers to catch up on all the pleasure reading I've been pushing aside for midterms. I almost always read the Harry Potter series in the summertime. Over and over. I love those books! This year, however, I'm looking for a different set of books in which to lose myself. Any recommendations? I would prefer a good series. And I'm kind of against reading Twilight, though I liked the movie.

3 comments:

rachel said...

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. It is fabulous!

Celeste Elaine said...

I've read a few books in my class that are quick and very fun to read... Key to Rondo by Emily Rodda. Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat (author?).
I know a lot of my kids like the Leven Thumps series too...I'll keep my eye out for more.

Sarah said...

I know rachel!!!
I read it a long time ago and am so glad you introduced me to it!!
I've now been reading all the other shannon Hale books and LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melinda i highly recommend them!!!!!
other good series books are:,
anne of green gables?
and have you ever read garth nix Sabriel?
it's kinda scary but interesting.
i just started reading it.
and i know that all the books I'm suggesting to you are mostly fantasy but they kinda look good?
um........ let's see oh have you ever read fablehaven?
everyone apparently loves it.
and i heard artimes fowl is cool.
the bottom of my list would be twilight very WEIRD!!!!
please save yourself some trouble and don't read it.
!!!!!!



well hope my suggestions helped.
btw your coming home in two weeks!!!!!!1

love sarah