Friday, July 23, 2010

World's Largest Water Balloon Fight!



And I was a part of it! BYU wanted to break the world record for water balloon fights. They've been really into breaking records lately, a while back they wanted to have the world's largest capture the flag game on campus. Seeing as BYU has over 30,000 students enrolled during Fall and Winter semesters, that's actually a pretty feasible goal. I don't think we cracked the record today...we needed 4000 people to show up and I'm positive there were only about 1000. But it was SO fun! I was on the orange team, so we pretty much dominated. :)

After the countdown, thousands of water balloons were chucked into the air. I was wet instantly. It was so fun to watch all of the rainbow-colored water weapons soar! And man, some of them hurt. Alot. We had over 20,000 balloons and I got pegged in the face, chest, stomach and butt many times. But hey. There's not much I won't do for a free t-shirt!

4 comments:

Adam W. said...

Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C9BpF76I_U

Greg and Michelle said...

Fun! I hope you have a dry-er afternoon! How long was it? Did you know alot of people there? I am glad you had a god time!

Jenny said...

That sounds totally fun. Sorry I missed it. I just came back from taking the kids on a 45 min walk and I was sweating after the first minute of it. I am about ready to be soaked...with water, not with sweat like I already am...

Melinda said...

Haha thanks for posting that Adam! It was fun to relive it. I should have mentioned that if you listened closely you could hear everyone around you saying "Ow..ow..oww..OW!" It was so funny!