Sunday, October 28, 2012

Back To The Basics...

It's time to start documenting the happy things that happen to me again. :) Mostly for my benefit, though if you read this hopefully it'll bouy you up to, maybe by reminding you of similar things you've been blessed with today!

Celeste and I played for a musical fireside tonight. It was such a great experience. Celeste had learned the piece by ear like two days earlier, and she played it flawlessly. I felt a strength and connection pulsing through us, I know it was the Spirit. We've never played better together! Definitely a wonderful, warm feeling. Funny note: An investigator also performed, playing an amazing song that he wrote! More John Legend than Mormon, but we needed that pick-me-up!!!

My parents gave me a flashlight. With the approach of FRANKENSTORM, I feel very grateful for that.

I have amazing Visiting Teachers who laugh with me about everything!

I have delicious candies to eat during the storm. Hmm, I may need to buy some real food and non-perishables.

I've gotten mixed messages on whether MY school is canceled or not, buuuuuut...the nice thing is everybody else's is, so, no school traffic!

I learned a lot of things in church today, especially about asking for understanding from the Lord "with an honest heart." (D&C 8). So the Lord really does want to hear how we're TRULY feeling, not just what we should be feeling. And if we ask in faith, He will give us understanding about our circumstances. The Lord gives us what we need to be happy now, if we will but recognize it.

I'm learning lots! Love you all family! Hope you have a safe day tomorrow.




2 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

I love reading your blog :) Be safe! Love you!

merilee said...

That is exciting about your musical performance. Enjoy your candy!