Sunday, July 13, 2008


As Youth Conference approaches and we get ready to go to Palmyra, I've been reflecting a lot on the prophet Joseph Smith and his life. Mom, Heather and I are singing in the YC choir and there is a lot of beautiful music about the restoration. My two favorite songs are "O How Great the Goodness of Our God" (mom has a solo in this song) and "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee." That last one is my favorite, because it is based on the scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants when Joseph is in jail. The words are so comforting.

You can listen to clips of them here.

2 comments:

Celeste Elaine said...

I'm going to pretend not to be offended that my blog isn't on your blog links. Or Jenny and Nathan's, for that matter! We see who the favorites are now, oh yes we do!

I love this music, too, Melinda. My friend Kevin was in the production here in UT with the composer/conductor. You know the history of the composition, right?

Melinda said...

I haven't figured out how to do ANYTHING with blogs yet. It was all the strength I could muster to put up those few blogs whose URL's I knew at that moment.

You will be added shortly.