Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Love Trina

She can be hyper, but she can also be incredibly funny without realizing it.

I was looking for a movie to watch this afternoon while I pieced together my college quilt. Trina was allowed to join in the movie-watching fun if she vacuumed the family room first.

Trina: (done vacuuming) Don't worry, Melinda, I'll read off titles of the grown-up movies that I actually like.

Melinda smiles.

Trina: Harry Potter?

Melinda: No.

Trina: Cheaper by the Dozen?

Melinda: No.

Trina: Care Bears?

Melinda and Jenny: NO!

Melinda: Stardust? It's new, but I think it might be PG-13.

Trina: (Solemnly) Oh, then I don't think I could see it. PG-13 stands for parents and grown-ups over thirteen.

Jenny: (laughing) Do you know how many PG-13 movies you've seen? Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter...

Melinda: Yeah, Trina, those are scary.

Trina: For you, not for me. I'm scared of the dark, but I'm just not afraid of any DARK LORDS.

1 comment:

Celeste Elaine said...

I just have one thing to say: I can't wait to come home.