Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Met Elder Calhoun!!!


Kirby Heyborne came to Wyview and did a ward FHE. It was pretty cool to see him so close after watching movies like the "RM" and "Singles Ward." While he was giving his testimony on Joseph Smith, I could not stop thinking of "And I know that Joseph Smith was a pamphlet." I definitely had to stifle a laugh or two. When we talked with him afterwards, I was tempted to say "Hogar oog van hook van daan. Guda my oog." (My favorite dutch line from "The Best Two Years.") He sang us some of his songs, and they were really very good. He seems like a funny and nice guy.

I've been thinking about all the controversy over Kirby's beer commercial scandal thing. Sure I was disappointed that he chose to represent that product, but I feel like the hype about it is a little much...I think people should move on and let him do so as well.

Below is a fun pic of some friends and I with dear Elder Calhoun.

Guda my oog.


2 comments:

merilee said...

What fun, Melinda. We want to see you in the movies next!

Mom

merilee said...

I wish you had said the Dutch phrase.

Mom