Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Spencer's Bedtime Story

Tonight I am babysitting for the Wrides as the parents get away on a date to see "up." I told Spencer a bedtime story. When I finished, he told me he had one for me in return. "Okay, but it will have to be short, I have to...umm...do the dishes. (I did wash a couple bowls, to be fair Marie!) "It's just a lil' one." Said Spencer. What followed was a ninety second regurgitation of the same story I had just told him, with a couple interesting twists thrown in. Spencer's masterpiece, for your reading pleasure :)

"Once there was a little princess. She would go to sleep every night and every night she would just get really scared. But sometimes every night a great big big huge unicorn would come and then she wouldn't be afraid. And some friendly little mice would leave her three crowns every time on her shelf. The end."

I wish I had some friendly little mice to leave me some crowns on my shelf!

2 comments:

merilee said...

You tell such cute stories. You should write some of them down for your niece and nephews.

Mom

Sarah said...

yeah lin, like the princess cheerios and prince apple jacks one.
or the ink babies!

hahahaha!



sarah