Saturday, July 17, 2010

Face Reading




A few weeks ago I went to a BBQ with one of my friends. Her grandma was visiting their family and I got to chat with her for a few minutes. She was a cute, perky old lady. My friend walked over and asked "Grandma, have you read Melinda's face yet?" At which point the old lady turned to me and said, smilingly, "Well, dearie, I didn't know whether or not you wanted me to." She focused her gaze on my face and this followed:

"You're musical and skeptical. You have a good sense of adventure and you have a good brain - sometimes it takes you a little longer to catch onto things, but once you've got it you've got it. You have a clearer sense of right and wrong than a lot of people. You're stubborn. You don't like being told that you're wrong. You also really enjoy looking at artwork." She took my hands. "You're right handed. And you're faithful in your religion. How high can you lift your eyebrows?" I hesitated, a little embarrassed, but then I went ahead and showed her. She sat back and smiled. "Good. You're gaining more confidence in yourself."

I was astonished. This woman had just barely met me, knew nothing about me, and yet by looking at my face she knew everything about me! My friend told me that she was taught face reading by her parents. By looking at certain facial features, expressions, the way you talk and carry yourself, she can pick out certain traits in you and tell you about yourself! It was a really fun experience. If you're interested, you can learn a little about facial shape and personality here.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Remarkable. It's amazing how little we perceive when we look at others, and yet we tend to believe body language more than what people say. I think someone said a face is an open book. Maybe I'll start wearing sunglasses....

Marie W said...

Intriguing!