Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Just a Spoonful of...Lavender??

Hello!!! Today was a busy day, of course. I spent 8 HOURS editing a group presentation today (people, prezi is amazing, but it is so time-consuming! Next time I'm just going to use my Microsoft 2000 powerpoint).

Anyways, I was kind of having a panic attack because I also have a 10-page paper due Monday...so I took a hot shower and didn't turn on the overhead fan, because I figured the steam would help me relax and keep me from hyperventilating. Then, I took a whiff of Celeste's doterra essential oils.

You'll laugh, I know, but I think it really helped. Celeste gave me this travel kit when I started grad school, and they all really smell soothing! I'm not so much a believer that the oils will heal gangrene and stuff (although I did put peppermint oil on my cheek when I had a canker sore, and it helped short-term). But I do like the smells.

image via
Balance, citrus, lemon, grapefruit, whisper, lavender, peppermint. And frankincense.

Well, today I'm grateful for the essentials! I'm also grateful that I get to give a talk on Sunday. It's been over a year, and last week I was thinking I would love to give a talk. I think Heavenly Father knows that I needed to. It's on how sharing the gospel brings others to Christ. I'm excited! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you :)

merilee said...

I heard the talk was wonderful. I'm glad the oils help.