Sunday, August 31, 2008

GO COUGARS!!!

I went to my first official football game yesterday and it was a BLAST. The team is so good. Of course we won. Poor Northern Iowa. It was the neatest experience to look around at the screaming fans and think that I am a part of this. I love BYU already. The people are so nice and friendly, and I feel so secure in an environment where most everybody believes the same things I do.

I love you all and miss you, but I am fortunately not too homesick because I have family out here, Breann Baldwin as my next door neighbor, and many good friends. I'm really pretty lucky. :)

God bless!

Melinda

3 comments:

Marie W said...

Melinda!!! We were reminiscing with the family last night about your leading Spencer in several pirating adventures this summer. We miss you SO much, but I am THRILLED you got to go to the game. Who are you sitting by with your All Sports Pass? How fun that you and Bree are neighbors. That's just close enough to have fun, but far enough that you both have to stretch your comfort zones. BYU is the best. Good luck with classes this week.

All our love,
the Wride part of your fam

Melinda said...

I sit by strangers. Oh well we can always make new friends. :)

I love you guys! Give your kids kisses for me.

Aaron said...

Don't worry, your seats switch every time. Football games are a lot of fun. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.