Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Need an Interpreter of Dreams

Seriously, last night's dream was crazy scary. And random.

First, I was with Greg and Michelle and my roommate Rylee in a library-looking room that was part of BYU but that I have never seen before. We walked outside of the room and saw a steely sky with rolling clouds in the distance. Then this happened -



(ignore the shutterstock). The clouds raced towards us, and FAST. Our instincts kicked in - we RAN back into the library room where the noxious clouds smothered us. I seriously felt like I was going to die. After a few agonizing moments that seemed like hours, the smoke cleared. Then the room began to rumble.



Books toppled, roads split, I heard screams but nobody died (thanks to my weak-stomached subconscious).

The scene then cuts to all of us at dinner in a French restaurant.



"What we just experienced," Greg explained calmly, "was a Tableau."

Melinda: "You mean a Tornado?"

Greg and Michelle: "No, a Tableau. It happened because the Needlenose river and Rock Canyon Point collided at the San Andreas fault."

Melinda and Rylee: "Oooohh..."

Upon reflection, I think this whole dream is a result of my being stressed for a huge test I have this Friday. Let's hope I have more knowledge of Advanced Family Processes than Geography. :)

Happy Tuesday.

5 comments:

Rylee Tallulah said...

Sorry to invade your dream again. It's just so easy to get past your subconscious security and I have to practice building dreams on someone...let's get Mexican food next time.

Janet said...

Wow! Good luck on the test.

Kim said...

Wow ... Happy Valentine's Day much?

As a professional interpreter of dreams I think I can safely tell you that this exciting subconscious adventure is telling you that you are going to "Tableau" your test on Friday! It's just going to explode at your awesomeness and then fall at your feet begging for mercy. You are TOTALLY going to rock it. And then you'll celebrate with cherry chunk ice cream :) The End.

Melinda said...

Haha Kim, I love you. And Rylee, we're getting Indian food.

Celeste Elaine said...

As soon as the dialogue started, my laugh BURST out and Trina sprinted across the room to see "What's so funny?"

I don't envy the destruction, but that French Restaurant is a treasure.

I think it means that armageddon will start not with US relations failing in the middle east, but with the French students who live under the HBLL.