Saturday, September 29, 2012

Can-Can, Can you do the Can-Can??

Post three in seeking the good! Today as a stake we walked through neighborhoods and collected cans for a nearby homeless shelter.

It was for the "day of service" declared by the governors of Maryland, Virginia, and DC. It was a blast!  So many people were extremely generous and thanked us for what we were doing - others waved us away from the door before we had finished explaining who we were. Oh well. Maybe they were in need? Anyways, it was still fun because we got to see some of the gorgeous rustic old houses in the area. So lovely! I saw a door like this and fell in love:          
 Image via  (I'm going to start adding links to my pictures. I don't have a camera so basically everything I use is from google!)

I just love old houses, and I am SO happy that fall is in the air! It's my favorite season. It's taken me my whole life to make that decision, but it's definite. It's hard not to love the season you're born in, even though Fall is pretty bleak as far as birthday months go! I love pumpkin bars and cider.

Speaking of pumpkin bars, this recipe was really good. I splurged and bought the stuff to bake it one day. :) I think baking is calming after a long day of thinking - it's nice to have something mindless and concrete to do.

Old houses, treats and friends. It's been a good morning. Off to start my thesis proposal. No idea what it's going to be about. What do you think about, "The impact of media's portrayal of therapists on public perception of the practice?" Yeah. No idea. At least I could watch and code movies for homework!


1 comment:

Greg and Michelle said...

I like your style in doors :) Doesn't it feel great to serve! You are such a good example of that to me :) Hurrah for baking as a way to relieve stress - nothing like warm and gooey goodness to help you feel like there are still good things going on in the world, huh? Though I suppose they are technically not really related, I still say there is something right there :)