Thursday, October 11, 2012

Anticipation

I have been really looking forward to this weekend. :) Why?

Because TWO of my sisters are coming down with their families. I haven't seen them in months and months. I am so very very excited to hang out with them and their fun husbands and beautiful kids!

I used to judge the "Utah people" out in school, who went home frequently on the weekends. "Wow, they're really having a hard time transitioning to being out on their own." I thought.  Now that I'm in a similar position, my viewpoint has softened! While I am happy to be on my own, I love going home and visiting. It recharges me. I laugh so much with my family! They're my best friends in the whole world. They've definitely been the good of my week, let alone day. But a definite good of today was my hot shower. Oh, my, how I love long hot showers. I think I clocked 35 minutes a few days ago. Oops.

The only bad thing about going home is that the mattress on Sarah's floor is really hard, but if I'm tired enough that usually doesn't end up being too much of an obstacle. Haha. :)

So it's been a full week, and I'm looking forward to a great couple of days with the fam. I hope I can squeeze in some HW, because I think I have a project, 10 page paper, presentation, handout, and chapter of my thesis due within the next two weeks. Yikes!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW THAT MATTRESS WELL.

It is the "full" mattress size that has a blue background and white flower design. It kills. I do not like sleeping on that either! haha.

Celeste Elaine said...

I have officially stolen the full "killing'' mattress, and after the first night, walmart and I agreed upon a 2 inch memory foam pad. We're all sleeping very well these days.

Melinda, I hope that your papers go well this week! After the scourges and harvest are over, rise with the just and sleep something about going home!

merilee said...

Why didn't anybody tell us about that horrible mattress? We gotta do something about that.