Thursday, October 4, 2012

I heard

A story. A good story! So good that I don't even remember where I heard it. So this is a rough paraphrase (I don't remember a lot of the details, I had to make up  the beginning) and if any of you know the author or where I can find the real one, please let me know. Mostly I just didn't want to type "devil" into google. :)

"There was a young man walking down a lonely road, off to seek his fortune. He was joined by an old man. 'Let me show you the land.' said the old man. The old man showed the young man the houses scattered among the hills. The young man pointed to a grand house with rich gardens. "Old man," said the younger, "there is but one small devil sitting outside of that grand house. It must be quite a good man who lives in there." The old man replied, "Oh, no, that man cares so much for his riches that it takes just one small devil to keep him on that path." After they had walked a little further,  the old man and the young man came to a small cottage. "Old man," said the younger, "there are seven huge devils surrounding that small cottage. Surely this man must be the wickedest of them all." The old man smiled, and said, "Oh no. That man is so humble and good, that the devil has sent his seven biggest servants to try to bring him down."

I love that story! Sometimes it feels like there's a lot of shafts in the whirlwind or a lot of devils/wolves at our door. The nice thing is, God is stronger. The other day I had an insight - God is omnipotent and omniscient, so if we prayed to him all day, every day, it wouldn't distract him from giving equal attention and care to every other citizen of the planet/universe. Just as my parents would listen to me at any time and try to help me (love you guys!), so would my Heavenly Father. And, I like this video. :)



Satan wants us to think that Heavenly Father is too busy to listen to us - it's not true! I need to remember that.

1 comment:

merilee said...

I always believe that when we have our worst moments of discouragement and darkness it is because the beautiful light is just around the corner.