Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Need An Interpreter of Dreams #2

Another WACKO dream last night. I think it's kind of fun to chronicle these, because dreams that are so vivid minutes after you awake are practically impossible to remember the next day. I have one exception: when I was (6?) I dreamed that I was very poor and was trick-or-treating with my siblings. We wore potato sacks, and knocked on the door of a tent. A large owl answered, and he took us inside to see King Trident. We talked to him on the edge of a green cliff. Then an animated red and blue snake bit off Dan's arms, and he turned into a cobra.

Yeah. That one's never gonna leave me.

Anyways, about last night's subconscious adventure.

image via
It was dark, and I was alone on the curve of the driveway. I saw a raccoon in front of me, but for some reason I couldn't run away! (You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about). So, I took out my iPhone and turned on the flashlight app. I shone it in his eyes, which worked for a while. But he wasn't scared for long and started approaching me, growling. I was TERRIFIED. So, obviously, I turned my iPhone into a glowing spoon and threw it into the woods. The raccoon chased it. I remember thinking, "Snap, Dad's gonna be so mad" while the critter ran after my iSpoon. I mean iPhone.

Anyways, the only part of that I could connect to my day was using the flashlight app to find the bathroom in the middle of the night. Our brain does weird and wonderful things on its time off!

Previous weird dream found here. 

4 comments:

Celeste Elaine said...

Imagine if you were iphoneless. You'd still be stuck I that dream with a half-gnawed ankle.

Jenny said...

About that dream when you were six - I see images of the old BBC version of The Silver Chair flashing through my head. Huge owl, check. Green cliffs talking to huge animals, check. Tent, check (think marsh-wiggle). Not King Trident, but King Caspian. Awesome special effects with a snake, check. Melinda, I am pretty sure you were slyly staying up late watching Narnia on TED in your bedroom as a six year old, am I right?

Anonymous said...

I remember the potato sack dream!

Bahaha the "spoon" part nearly made me laugh and my roommate is asleep! I"m sorry 'linda! That is awful!

merilee said...

I get the part about Dad, but not the rest. Teehee